Auto Injury Treatment with Your Winter Park, FL, Chiropractor
No matter how serious or minor an auto accident may be, it can lead to injuries and pain. If unaddressed, they can gradually worsen until they become debilitating, if they aren’t already. Winter Park Chiropractor, your auto accident injury chiropractor in Winter Park, FL, can help you safely and effectively take care of any pain and injuries you might suffer. Learn more below.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Any auto accident, regardless of the severity, can have an impact on several components throughout the neuromusculoskeletal system. The most common ones typically include:
- Herniated discs
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Knee injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Nerve compression
- Soft tissue injuries
- Breaks, fractures, and dislocations
Chiropractic Care Techniques for Auto Injury Treatment and the Benefits of Each
No two accidents are exactly the same and neither are the people involved. Therefore, no two treatment plans will be the same. Your treatment will be customized around your needs, your injuries, and your level of comfort. The following are some of the most common techniques used for treatment.
- Adjustments: Adjustments are beneficial for restoring proper alignment to the joints throughout the body, including the limbs. They also help relieve nerve compression, tension, and pain.
- Decompression therapy: Decompression is often used to stretch the spine, including the cervical spine or neck, to release compression on the nerves and treat herniated discs.
- Soft tissue therapy: Therapeutic massage, cold laser therapy, muscle stimulation, and similar techniques are beneficial for soft tissue injuries. They help relieve tension, inflammation, and pain. Additionally, they restore your range of motion, as well as promote natural healing through cellular regeneration and the flow of blood and nutrients to the treatment site.
- Corrective exercises: Your chiropractor will recommend stretches and gentle exercises that you can do at home to help relieve pain and enhance your healing.
How Quickly Should I See an Auto Injury Chiropractor?
It’s always wise to see your chiropractor within a few days after an accident, even if you feel fine. Sometimes, an auto accident injury doesn’t make itself known until days or weeks later.
Visiting your chiropractor as soon as possible allows issues to be addressed and corrected, sometimes before they even have the opportunity to impact your life.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Auto Injury Chiropractor in Winter Park, FL
Don’t wait another day to seek treatment. Call (407) 339-2225 to make an appointment with our team at Winter Park Chiropractor in Winter Park, FL.