If you are experiencing pain due to sciatica, the discomfort can make simple tasks challenging and affect the quality of your life. If the condition is left untreated, it can lead to further complications and become chronic. At Winter Park Chiropractor in Winter Park, FL, our team provides various treatments to eliminate your discomfort and improve your mobility. You can learn more about sciatica below:
Sciatica happens when your sciatic nerve gets compressed, which causes pain that radiates from your back into your hip and leg. The condition is fairly common, with more than 3 million Americans experiencing various symptoms each year. It is essential to seek treatment for sciatica as soon as possible since the condition can cause permanent nerve damage and long-term effects.
Treatment for Sciatica
At our practice, we provide a variety of treatments to help ease pain from sciatica. Some of our treatments include:
- Hot and Cold Therapy — This therapy involves our chiropractor putting either heat or cold on the affected region. The heat can loosen up any muscles that are tight, while the cold can reduce inflammation. We may utilize heat, cold, or both, depending on your symptoms and condition.
- Chiropractic Adjustments — Our chiropractor is familiar with the human body and will perform gentle adjustments to realign your body. While you may feel temporary discomfort during the adjustments, the treatment is not painful and offers immediate relief.
- Massage Therapy — Massage therapy can ease tension in tight muscles and increase blood flow to help you heal.
- Spinal Decompression — This treatment uses a machine that increases the space between your spinal vertebrae. If one of the vertebrae in the spine are compressed and causing pain, the technique can provide relief.
- Ultrasound — This treatment utilizes gentle pulses of heat to loosen up any tight muscles and help you feel better. We may also use low level lasers or use a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) therapy to speed up your recovery process.
When you visit us, we will perform an examination and review any diagnostic imaging to determine the root cause of your sciatica pain. Then we will create a treatment plan that can eliminate your discomfort and help you return to the activities that you love.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you have pain from sciatica, our team at Winter Park Chiropractor in Winter Park, FL, is happy to help. Once we evaluate your condition, we can provide the necessary treatment that will help reduce your symptoms. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your first appointment, contact us at (407) 339-2225 today!